The Hobbs Foundation awards grants, in conjunction with mission guidelines, to charitable organizations serving children in the state of Florida. Organizations who meet eligibility requirements can apply for restricted funds to be designated for a specific project.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
- A non-profit organization under 501(c)3 tax exemption status
- Serve at-risk children in communities located in the state of Florida as defined by their involvement in the child welfare system and/or those who are economically-disadvantaged
- Allocate funding to a specific project that directly benefits at-risk children
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR FUNDING, YOUR ORGANIZATION MUST:
1. Submit a Letter of Intent prior to your completed application form and project proposal no later than April 1, 2017.
Your Letter of Intent should include:
- A brief description of the organization's mission and core programs
- A concise statement of need and the opportunity to be addressed
- A brief description of the proposed project, geographic area and targeted population of children
- A list of the specific outcomes or results to be achieved
- A brief description of how the proposed project fits into the organization's overall mission
- A brief description of how funds will be used
2. Complete and submit our application form and supplementary documentation by the deadline of August 1, 2017.
Submit supplementary documentation as described below:
- Submit proof of 501(c)3 tax exempt status
- Submit a project proposal that includes a more detailed description of need and the proposed solution or benefit to children as it pertains to the Foundation's mission objectives, improving the well-being of at-risk children with a special opportunity or experience that encourages healthy growth and development. Your project proposal should define the desired outcomes of the project, the outcomes measurements employed to assess its effectiveness, and the population/number of youth it serves.
- Submit a budget proposal that includes an itemized accounting of how the funds will be spent, outlining all costs associated with the proposed project.
- Submit a copy of your most recent financial statements and/or form 990
TAKE OUR SURVEY
For current grantees, please download our Grantee Perception Survey to submit your feedback and suggestions to help us improve our grantmaking process. Please submit your completed survey via email to Amanda Long, at email@example.com.
Eligible organizations have the opportunity to receive funding once per year. Organizations that are approved for funding will be given priority over new applicants if they wish to apply for funding in the next year’s grant cycle. Please be advised that your organization, if awarded a grant, will be re-evaluated after the project has been completed in order to be considered for funding during the next year’s grant cycle.
Upon completion of a funded-project, your organization is required to submit a Project Summary Report and Expense Report. The Project Summary Report should consist of an explanation of the project summarizing its outcomes and impact/benefit (one page or less) including the number of children served. The Expense Report should include an itemized cost accounting of all expenditures related to the grant-project and any receipts reflective of the outlined expenses.